Villa Montalvo

Condividi
Comune: Campi Bisenzio
Via: di Limite, 3

 

La villa è un ampia costruzione di origine trecentesca, posta lungo il torrente"Marina" vicino alla confluenza con il Bisenzio. Circondata da un ampio giardino, ornato di belle terracotte dell'Impruneta, e da un parco, Villa Montalvo è costituita essenzialmente da due corpi quadrangolari su due piani. Fu proprietà dei Tornaquinci poi dei Del Sodo, degli Spinelli, dei Medici ed infine dei Ramirez di Montalvo. La costruzione conserva all'interno affreschi, pregevoli caminetti, soffitti in legno dipinto ed all'esterno un elegante loggiato su colonne, una limonaia ed una cappella dedicata a Sant'Andrea di Avellino, costruita nel 1719. Nel parco di circa 18 ettari , che conserva ancora i resti di una antica ragnaia, si trova un platano, inserito nell'elenco degli alberi monumentali della Regione Toscana. Il complesso unico nella piana fiorentina, è diventato un luogo ideale per lo svolgimento di manifestazioni culturali, sociali e sportive.

 

This villa is a large 14th-century building that stands on the Marina river close to the confluence with the Bisenzio. Surrounded by a huge garden adorned with fine Impruneta terracotta work and a park, Villa Montalvo consists essentially of two quadrangular, two-storey blocks. Originally owned by the Tornaquinci family, who probably built the walls and the watch towers, it later passed into the hands of the Del Sodo family, in the early 15th century, the Spinelli family, around 1460, and in 1534 to Ottaviano dei Medici and his wife Francesca Salviati, who made extensive changes to the entire property. In 1570, the villa was sold to Ramirez de Montalvo, whose name it continues to bear. The interior is embellished with frescoes, fine fireplaces and painted wooden ceilings. The exterior has an elegant loggia with columns, a lemon house and a chapel dedicated to St. Andrew of Avellino, built in 1719. In the park, which spreads over approximately 18 hectares and contains the remains of an ancient ragnaia (a wooded area which peasants used to string with nets to snare birds), boasting a plane tree listed as one of the Tuscany Region's monumental trees. The complex, uniquely in the Florence plain, has become an ideal venue for cultural, social and sporting events.

Aggiornato al:
27.05.2016
Article ID:
11586463
Interessa a: